Owners & Operators of Hotel La Union in Cienfuegos City
- 1869, Hotel La Union is inaguarated by Mr. Faustino Robés.
- 1950's, the owner was Estelvino Fernández who stayed until the victory of the Cuban Revolution and the intervention of the private companies
- 1987, the renovation planned by the Company of Lodging and Restaurants was stopped by the Special Period.
- 1995, the renovation is assigned to Cubanacán a Cuban Government Corporation
- 1998, the renovation assigned to Cubanacán a Cuban Government Corporation was ended
- 2000, July 24 Hotel la Union is inaugurated again and operated by Cubanacán
- 2004, Hotel La union wins the National Prize of Restoration and Conservation.
Welcome to my site dedicated to the famous and historical Hotel La Union in Cienfuegos. I am "poco a poco" researching and updating it with the aim to provide as complete as possible record of the hotel's ancient and recent history; bearing in mind that the goings-on today may one day be of historical interest.
My site is NOT the official website of the current hotel operator, and is by no means endorsed by them; but I am grateful for their help with the research.
You can make from this site room reservations through the Bizloco eTravel System operated by Cubaism Ltd.
Best wishes for 2017
Nigel Alexander Hunt