Main Attractions near Hotel La Union
Fortress "Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles de Jagua"
Designed by José Tontete in 1738 and concluded their construction in 1745, a lot before the foundation of the city, it is a solid exponent of the military architecture of the XVIII century in Cuba.
When being founded it was the only construction of their type with which it counted the center of the Island to watch over Caribbean Sea of the attacks of corsairs and pirates.
Cathedral "Nuestra Señora de la Purísima Concepción"
National monument, built in 1819, is of great beauty for its profusion of French allegorical stained-glass window to the twelve apostles. In their place the first temple religious of Cienfuegos was located. Remain Silent 29 and Ave. 56.
Tomás Terry Theater
It was inaugurated February of 1890, 12 National declared Monument in 1978. The typology used comes from the call theater to the Italian, a room prepared in horseshoe form in which the public is located in four levels, always in front relationship to the show.
It preserves the splendor of their first times and it has been scenario of remarkable exponents of the lyrical art and the dance, among them the Italian singing operatic Enrico Caruso. Ave. 56 and / 27 and 29.
Construction of eclectic style, in the historical center of the city, inaugurated in 1918, in him the grateful tenor lodged Enrico Caruso.
At the moment it is the headquarters of the House of the Culture, from their viewpoint the most beautiful views in the city are contemplated. Remain Silent 25 and Ave. 54
De Valle Palace
Its construction began in 1913 and the work was entrusted to the Italian architect Alfredo Colli and the foreman construction Juan Suárez, being finished in 1917, with a cost of million and average one of weights.
Was an architectonic whim. In him there is gothic, romantics influences, baroque and Italianize combined with the style to mudéjar that it was in it rows by the Spain of centuries XII and XIII.
One assumes that craftsmen of different nationalities and experts for each specialty took part in this work.
The Spanish woodcarver Antonio Bárcenas made the door from exit to the garden; the cienfueguero Frank Palaces fused in bronze the railing of the main stairs, and the shields and the adornments of the front and all ironworks; the cienfueguero painter Miguel Lamoglia decorated imitating carved wood the office of the owner of the house and painted in crystals the beautiful allegories of the marble stairs of Carrara. All the materials were concerned.
The building is a mixture of the most varied styles, because the particular styles predominate and not it architectonic unit: cornices that crown the entrance of the halls and covers, dominating the arcs of equilateral and acute noses. This building consists of two plants, a roof with pergolas and minaret, at which it is arrived through a metallic spiral staircase, and a cellar.
Construction of eclectic style, in the historical center of the city, inaugurated in 1918, in him the grateful tenor lodged Enrico Caruso. At the moment it is the headquarters of the House of the Culture, from their viewpoint the most beautiful views in the city are contemplated. Remain Silent 25 and Ave. 54
Inaugurated in 1920, seat of the Cienfuegos Yacht Club. Eclectic building of 2 levels crowned of two towers finished off in cupolas beautifully decorated and upset towards the sea through terraces. In this place was a society of recognized prestige by its successes in nautical sports.
The traditional national regattas that were celebrated annually and to that they attended people of all the country and the foreigner were between the main developed activities. Punta Gorda.
The Botanical Garden
To 18 km of Cienfuegos, it demands a visit. He has fame, for many years, like one of the tropical best gardens in the world. It considers this way it the guide Fodor's Cuba it has more than enough.
In their 94 hectares they grow more than 2 000 varieties of plants of the five continents: ficus, bambúes, leguminous, medicinal, timber, orchids and cactus. The most valuable in the place is those more than 300 varieties of palms; the best collection in America.